Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dinner and other stuff...

Found a great place to have dinner tonight called Brauwastl and it was only about 3-4 blocks from Edelweiss (the hotel we are staying at here in Garmisch-Partenkirchen).  After perusing the 18 page menu (and I am not kidding about that) I found a page that had "kleine" (smaller) portions than the regular menu.  Wonderbar!  I had a great piece of schnitzel and homemade potato salad and enjoyed it tremendously especially since I didn't feel wasteful.  Then Dave and I split an order of apple strudel which was to die for.  Like I've said before, if it wasn't for the fact that we do a lot of walking, one could easily weigh a ton or two in no time.
Tonight over dinner I told Dave that I think we are eating and shopping our way across Germany.  At this point in time, I am almost positive that I will have to send a package home since I know I won't be able to get all of this in my suitcase.
Tomorrow we are going to Linderhof Palace which is another of the castles that King Ludwig II built and the only one he lived in for any length of time.  It is supposed to be opulent and modelled after Versailles in France.   Google it and check it out.  Can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment