Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Some pix from my trip...

On the main strasse (street) in Velburg, the town that Dave lives in.

The Dom (St. Peter's Cathedral) in Regensburg.


The bridge at Regensburg that spans the Danube River.

Dave with the Audi of his dreams.
Zirndorf, Germany, where I lived a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.  It is like living in a postcard.



All that's left of the Army Post Pinder -- the tower of the main gate and the guard house on the left.  It is now Pinder Park.



Cafe Bub in Zirndorf.  I lived in an apartment behind this building which is no longer there.  It has been converted and enlarged into a part of the hotel that can be rented out.

Parking can be very creative in Germany.

One of the castle towers in Nurnberg.  I love Nurnberg!

The Beautiful Fountain at the Marktplatz in Nurnberg.  There is a legend that IF you turn the rings that are on the fence surrounding the fountain you will come back to Germany.  I did that in '98 when I was there for a visit and I guess it works since I did come back.
Dave at the Albrecht Durer house, listening to the explanation given by Albrecht's wife, Agnes, about his life and how things were when they lived.  Note the heating stove behind Dave.  I do not think that the "good old days" would have been something I enjoyed.  

The church (kirche) in the Marktplatz in Nurnberg.  The day we were there they were having a farmer's market.  Very busy and very crowded.

Dave inspecting the cheese stand that was set up at the market.  All I can say is that you could definitely smell it before you saw it -- really rank!

One of the gorgeous buildings in Garmish-Partenkirchen in the Bavarian region of southern Germany.  

Another beautiful building.

I'LL ADD MORE LATER.  I TOOK OVER 1,000 PIX SO I'M GETTING A LITTLE BLEARY-EYED LOOKING THROUGH THEM.  I NEED A BREAK!


No comments:

Post a Comment