Thursday, November 8, 2012

Germany...

I AM HERE!!  After having to change planes in St. Louis since the one I was originally on was delayed, I made it to Chicago in plenty of time for my connecting flight to Munich and finally to Nurnberg.  Spent about 15 hours getting here which is long enough but seems like a piece of cake after South Africa (which was 28 hours).   I really don't think that anyone should have to be subjected to that punishment.  Anyway, Dave was there to meet me and all is well.  We went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch and the menu was written in German and the wait staff (Chinese) spoke in German.  What confusion!

Nurnberg never changes nor does the autobahn where people try their damndest to see who can go the fastest without killing themselves. 

Dave lives in a small village called Velburg which is about 30 minutes from Nurnberg and in the foothills of Bavaria.  It looks like a postcard and would love to see it with a layer of snow.  Right now we are making plans to head into Bavaria and into Berlin.  Both are great places to go to visit.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment