Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving in Germany...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 
We went to Regensburg today for Thanksgiving.  On the way to lunch, we found a nice store called "s.Oliver" that I found a couple of really nice scarves at that were calling my name so I had to buy them.  ;-)   Lunch was at a small restaurant that was established in 1830 and I had spaghetti while Dave had what I would call a cobb salad.  We headed to the Dom, St. Peter's Cathedral, where the oldest part of the cathedral was built in 1415/20.  The cathedral is famous for its medieval stained glass windows.  The entire building is gothic style with gargoyles on the outside and all.  Simply gorgeous!
After window shopping some more we headed back to Velburg.  Watched a movie via Netflex then headed to Lengenfeld to Winklebrau (estiblashed 1428) for our Thanksgiving dinner.  Dave had Jagerschnitzel and I had ham that was dipped in a bier batter and then pan fried with potato salad.  It was great.
Headed home tomorrow.  I'm almost all packed and I only have two boxes for Dave to ship home.  He is a saint and a super gracious host.  I'll be glad to go home but will miss some of our crazy conversations.  He will, however, be home for a while during Christmas so he, our friend Phil and I will have to head down to Schlafly Brewery in STL to celebrate.  Always a good time.
Anyway, signing off for now.  I'll be in STL around midnight tomorrow (Friday) if all goes as planned and there are no delays.
Good bye to Velburg, Germany, and Dave. 


1428

No comments:

Post a Comment